Dear Troop 606 Scouts and Parents:
For those of you continuing your registration with Troop 606, thank you, and for those of you new to the Troop, welcome! We look forward to a program year packed with activities, including Fall and Winter Patrol Camps, Pre-Camporee and Camporee, Pt. Reyes Spring Break trip, Northern Tier adventure in the Summer, backpacking, cycling, rock climbing trip in Joshua tree, and many more.
Note we have completely revamped our website, and the new url is www.troop606.net. Make sure to bookmark it!
Dues for the 2017-2018 program year are $220. While we charged $184 last year, we also charged between $25 to $27 for the mandatory Fall and Winter Patrol Campouts, so Scouts who attended those events would have paid approximately $234 ($184+$50). This year, we are including payment for those mandatory Campouts in advance (to encourage participation in those events and make sure our costs are covered), yet still charge only $220, even including a $9 council registration fee increase. We also reduced the included popcorn commitment and eliminated mandatory Boy’s Life subscriptions as we have received feedback that a number of Scouts would prefer not to receive the printed magazine. However, if you still want to get Boy’s life, that’s not a problem, just let us know and add $10 to your registration fee.
Here is a breakdown of what the registration fees go towards, with a comparison to last year’s (2016-2017) fee:
New for the 2017-2018 program year, we have created the ability to pay dues electronically via PayPal. You can pay the fee by check at a Scout meeting, or you can pay by PayPal. Either way the deadline for payment is November 30, 2017. If you want to pay by PayPal and do not want to apply any Scout Bank balance towards the amount, the PayPal fee is $6.88, and the total you should pay using the button below (enter in the amount field before clicking) is $226.88. If you want a Boy’s life subscription, the PayPal fee is $7.24, and the total you should pay is $239.24 (which includes a $12 subscription fee). (The PayPal fee must be added to the total to cover the cost as the Troop cannot absorb that expense). Please indicate the name of the Scout being registered in the blank field. If you want to use money in your Scout’s Scout Bank towards registration fees, let us know so we can calculate the amount you need to pay.
There are several important forms you need to fill out and submit along with your registration fee:
- Even if you filled one out before, please download, print out, and fill out a photo release and liability waiver. We need one of these each year.
- If you are registering a new Scout or if your contact information has changed, please download, print out, and fill out a Scout Contact Information form.
- BSA Medical Form Part A and B. Click here to download a copy directly or here for a link out to fillable, downloadable medical forms from the BSA National website.
- If you are a new Scout, you need to submit a Youth Application. Click here to download a copy directly of the BSA Youth Application form or here for a link out to a copy from the BSA’s website.
- If you are a new Adult Leader, you need to submit an Adult Leader Application. Click here to download a copy directly of the BSA Adult Application form or here for a link out to a copy from the BSA’s website.
Let us know if you have any questions! We look forward to a great year together!
Cali Simancek, Troop 606 Committee Chair
Greg Nylen, Troop 606 Scoutmaster