Dear Troop 606 Scouts and Parents:
For those of you continuing your registration with Troop 606, thank you, and for those of you new to the Troop, welcome! We look forward to a program year packed with activities, including Fall and Winter Patrol Camps, Pre-Camporee and Camporee, Pt. Reyes Spring Break trip, Northern Tier adventure in the Summer, backpacking, cycling, rock climbing trip in Joshua tree, and many more.
Note we have completely revamped our website, and the new url is www.troop606.net. Make sure to bookmark it!
Dues for the 2018-2019 program year are $240. The deadline to pay dues has been extended to December 3, 2018. While we charged $220 last year, National has again raised dues a bit, and Council increased registration fees $12 for insurance. We are again including payment for Mandatory Campouts (Fall Patrol Camp, Winter Patrol Camp, Precamporee and Camporee), as we hope to encourage a larger participation in those events, and make sure our costs are covered. We also reduced the included popcorn commitment and camp card commitment. Boy’s Life magazine subscription would be an additional $12 if your Scout wishes to receive the printed magazine. Just add $10 to your dues (plus PayPal fee, see below).
Here is a breakdown of what the registration fees go towards, with a comparison to last year’s (2017-2018) fee:
We have also continued the ability to pay dues electronically via PayPal. You can pay the fee by check at a Scout meeting, or you can pay by PayPal. Either way the deadline for payment is December 3, 2018. If you want to pay by PayPal and do not want to apply any Scout Bank balance towards the amount, the PayPal fee is $7.48, and the total you should pay using the button below (enter in the amount field before clicking) is $247.48. If you want a Boy’s life subscription, the total you should pay if using PayPal is $259.84 (which includes a $12 subscription fee and PayPal fee of $7.84). (The PayPal fee must be added to the total to cover the cost as the Troop cannot absorb that expense). Please indicate the name of the Scout being registered in the blank field. If you want to use money in your Scout’s Scout Bank towards registration fees, let us know so we can calculate the amount you need to pay.
There are several important forms you need to fill out and submit along with your registration fee:
- Even if you filled one out before, please download, print out, and fill out a photo release and liability waiver. We need one of these each year.
- If you are registering a new Scout or if your contact information has changed, please download, print out, and fill out a Scout Contact Information form.
- BSA Medical Form Part A and B. Click here to download a copy directly or here for a link out to fillable, downloadable medical forms from the BSA National website.
- If you are a new Scout, you need to submit a Youth Application. Click here to download a copy directly of the BSA Youth Application form or here for a link out to a copy from the BSA’s website.
- If you are a new Adult Leader, you need to submit an Adult Leader Application. Click here to download a copy directly of the BSA Adult Application form or here for a link out to a copy from the BSA’s website.
Let us know if you have any questions! We look forward to a great year together!
Cali Simancek, Troop 606 Committee Chair
Greg Nylen, Troop 606 Scoutmaster